Ten essential spring property upkeep tips for landlords
Spring is here, and it’s the perfect time to give your rental properties some much-needed TLC. This post offers ten essential spring property upkeep tips for landlords to keep their properties in top shape this spring. From inspecting the roof and gutters to testing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, our tips will ensure that your properties are safe, efficient, and comfortable for tenants.
- Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts to ensure proper water drainage.
- Check for and repair any damage to the roof, such as loose shingles or leaks.
- Service the HVAC system and replace air filters to ensure efficient operation.
- Clean and inspect windows, screens, and doors to ensure they are in good condition and properly sealed.
- Clean and inspect the property’s exterior, including siding, brickwork, and foundation.
- Check the irrigation system and test sprinkler heads to ensure proper operation and coverage.
- Inspect and repair any damage to fencing or gates around the property.
- Inspect and test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they function correctly.
- Test and inspect all outdoor lighting, including security ones, to ensure they work properly.
- Service and inspect any appliances, such as the dishwasher, refrigerator, and oven, to ensure they are in good working order.
By following these tips, landlords can ensure that their properties are well-maintained and ready for the spring season.