Spring cleaning gives us the chance to scrub some of the places we don’t normally think about throughout our usual cleaning rotation. But regardless of how deep you clean, there may still be some areas you’re not focusing on.
Add these forgotten places to your cleaning schedule this season and rest assured knowing you’ve cleaned your house from top to bottom!
- Washing Machine: Pour a mix of white vinegar with baking soda into your machine and run the cycle on hot. To help keep your machine fresh for longer, leave the door open between uses.
- Under Appliances: Pull your appliance out and then sweep and mop the floor underneath to get rid of any built-up dust and crumbs.
- Coffee Maker: Run a cycle of equal parts white vinegar and water or descaling liquid through your coffee machine, followed by a cycle of just water to help prevent mold growth.
- Door Frames + Baseboards: Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe the top and sides of your door frames and baseboards to eliminate dust and pet hair.
- Air Filter Grates: Remove your air filter grates and scrub them with soap and water in the sink or outside with a hose.
- Throw Pillows: Vacuum up any dust and dander on your throw pillows and spot clean any stains. Some pillows can even be washed in the washing machine, so be sure to check their tags and save yourself some time.
- Shower Curtains: Pull your shower curtains and liners down and throw them into the washing machine with a load of towels, some laundry detergent, and baking soda to get rid of soap scum build-up.
- Ceiling Fans: Use a pillowcase to pull dust from the top of your ceiling fans without dropping pieces onto furniture below.